Encore Esports presents a new weekly to Westchester running doubles and singles in Smash for WiiU! Smash at it's highest level, only at Encore!
Come for Smash, stay for Fortnite ;)
Doubles start time:630pm SHARP!
Singles start time: 730 - 8PM (Depending on Doubles)
- Venue Fee: $5
- Casuals Only: $5 (all night)
- Single Tournament entry: $5
- Doubles Tournament entry: $5.00 per person
- Spectating is standard venue price.
You can bring outside food, and there are snacks and drink to buy in the venue. There will be a table just for eating. No food around the consoles themselves. Drinks are ok, but be careful and don't spill anything near the electronics. We just ask if you can please clean up after yourselves. Don't leave any garbage behind. We don't want the guys at the venue working extra just to clean up after us.
-Double Elimination Bracket (Lose twice and you're out)
-Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit (For doubles, 3 stock and 8 minutes), Custom Moves Off, Items Off, Equipment Off, Handicap Off, Damage Ratio 1.0
-Sets are best of 3 until finals, which are best of 5 (Winners, Losers, Grands).
First, Second, Third Place (57.14% 28.57% 14.29% split for singles,) [This can change if there are more entrants]
Doubles with 5 teams or less:
1st Place - 100%
Doubles with 6 - 10 teams
1st Place - 60%
2nd Place - 40%
Doubles 11 and up teams
1st Place 60%
2nd place 30%
3rd Place 10%
-Amiibo are banned
-Players must bring their own controllers although we do have some available for people to use.
-Miis are 1-1-1-1
- Characters are selected first (Or you can do a double blind selection)
- Players strike stages first (first strike determined by rock paper scissors).The winner may select if they’d like to strike first or select a port. Stages are stuck in a P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
- Winner of preceding game strikes first(from starter or counter pick list), loser picks stage. Winner chooses if they want to change character. Loser chooses if they want to change character. A player/team may not pick the last stage they previously won on during the set. Next game is played. Repeat until set is over.
Town and City
Dream Land 64*
* Treated as Battlefield/Miiverse in striking phase. If Battlefield/Miiverse is struck, Dream Land 64 is also struck and vice-versa.
** Treated as Final Destination in striking phase. If Final Destination is struck, Omega Stages are struck and vice versa. You may only choose the following Omega Stages: Suzaku Castle, Wily’s Castle, Palutena's Temple
Any questions or concerns should be brought directly to the attention of tournament staff.